About Christopher Bright
Chris believes that participation in the sports of triathlon, duathlon, and running facilitates the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle, characterized by a sense of achievement and personal satisfaction. Additionally, Chris endorses a fun, supportive, and collaborative learning environment that fosters an improvement in self-confidence and is the direct result of setting and achieving goals. Chris has a special interest in working with beginner and novice athletes, and understands the challenges associated with finding time to train amidst a busy and demanding daily schedule.
Chris played a variety of sports throughout his childhood. Primarily a wrestler through his high school and college years, Chris ran for conditioning, but did not discover multisport until the age of 29. Now some 20 years later, Chris has accumulated a wealth of competitive multisport experience, competing in over 70 triathlons, ranging from the sprint to ironman distance. Chris has coached multisport athletes for seven years, including Ironman 70.3 World Championship and ITU Triathlon World Championship qualifiers. Chris has also coached a variety of middle and high school sports, primarily cross country, wrestling, and track for the past 25 years.
Competitive and Coaching Highlights
- Head Coach, Kidz Tri 3 Youth Triathlon Team, Central New Jersey, 2016 to present.
- Head Coach, New Jersey Star Ledger Prep Cross Country Team of the Year, 2017.
- Trenton Times Prep Cross Country Coach of the Year, 2010
- Virginia Prep League Wrestling Coach of the Year, 2003.
- Virginia Episcopal School Male Coach of the Year, 2003.
- USA Triathlon National Long Course Team Member, 2001.
- Virginia State Amateur Triathlon Champion, 2001.
- Virginia State Cat 5 Time Trial Champion, 2001.
- Trenton Times XC Prep Coach of the Year.
- 2012 ITU Triathlon World Triathlon Championships, Auckland, NZ, 38th AG.
- 2012 Buckman Sprint Triathlon, Lebanon, NJ, 5th OA, 2nd AG.
- 2010 Riverwinds Triathlon, West Depford, NJ, 1st OA.
- 2009 North East Sprint Triathlon, North East, MD, 2nd OA.
- 2009 New Jersey State Sprint Triathlon, Mercer County, NJ, 13th OA, 1st 40-44.
- 2010 Hightstown Triathlon, Hightstown, NJ, 3rd OA.
- 2010 Vincentown Triathlon, Vincentown, NJ, 7th OA, 1st 40-44.
- 2006 Parvin State Park Triathlon, Pittsgrove, NJ, 5th OA, 1st 40-44.
- 2006 Devilman Sprint Triathlon, Cumberland County, NJ, 29th OA, 1st Masters Division.
- 2001 ITU Triathlon World Championships, Fredericia, Denmark, 243rd OA, 32nd 35-39.
- 2000 Ironman USA, Lake Placid, NY, 201st OA, 52nd 30-34.
- 2000 Blacksburg Triathlon, Blacksburg, VA 1st OA.
- 1999 Wildflower Olympic Distance Triathlon, Monterey County, CA, 26th OA, 6th AG.
- 1998 Smith Mountain Lake Triathlon, Huddleston, VA, 2nd OA.
- 1997 Mountain Man Half Ironman Triathlon, Boonsboro, MD, 3rd OA.
Please contact Chris with questions or for program details.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (609) 651-2365