Sponsored by Towpath Bikes and Syracuse Bicycles.
DATES: Thurs. June 20th thru Sun. June 23rd, 2013
Looking for a great training weekend with a focus on learning what you need to succeed at Ironman Lake Placid? The Endurancefactor Lake Placid training camp will give you the tools and secrets needed to succeed at Lake Placid or any Ironman. Whether you are doing Ironman Lake Placid or want a great weekend of training along with useful information from experienced coaches and athletes this training camp is you.
Timing of this camp was planned to coincide with what should be a peak training week for July’s event as Lake Placid temperatures will be warm enough to have a comfortable swim with enjoyable bikes and runs. The camp is open to both cyclists and triathletes of all levels and will be fully supported with mechanics and SAG vehicles.
During the camp, participants will get and in depth overview of the swim, bike, and run courses along with lectures that will focus on various topics such as race day nutrition, pacing strategy, and how to manage race day.
The goal of the Endurancefactor camp is to:
• Improve your fitness with a focused training weekend away from daily distractions
• Train in the hills and on the course you will ride race day
• Learn more about how to best plan for Ironman
• Show you a few ‘tricks’ to have the best race season ever!
• Be more comfortable with the course and your preparation for Ironman
The Camp includes:
2 days of swimming on Mirror Lake. Become more comfortable navigating the Placid swim course
The key bike workout will be on Saturday and will include a 56 to 12 mile bike around the race course.
Some athletes will do a short ‘brick’ run after the bike on Saturday. On Sunday, triathletes will do the race course run for solid 13 miles or extra mile for those over achievers!
On course nutrition will be provided for camp participants and will include GU, Bonk Breaker, and Ironman Perform product. These are the sports nutritionals that will be served on the course race day.
Camp participants will also receive a goody bag with samples of products and discounts.
Tentative Camp Schedule(subject to change)
- Thursday June 20: Arrival day, meet and greet participants and coaches. Optional swim or run.
- Friday June 21: Long swim and medium bike with transition run, training discussion, and included lunch. Group dinner provided.
- Saturday June 22: Long bike (self selected distances 56, 80 and 112 mile options) along with transition run, recovery, and training discussion.
- Sunday June 23: Long run on the run course and camp wrap up.
For all details view schedule here
Wanted to say thank you again for your Syracuse 70.3 training camp. Not only did I gain valuable training experience on the course, your coaches and staff provided invaluable information that really helped on race day.
You provided me with the knowledge that helped me get through some rough sections during my half Ironman. Look forward to attending more of your camps.
Don B., Newark, NJ”
Fees: $295 per person ($265.00 for Endurancefactor clients)
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort & Suites
2559 Main Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Reservations: When making reservations to receive our special group rate, be sure to mention that you are with the Endurancefactor Training Camp.
For questions or more information, call us at 716/499-2300 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited to avoid overcrowded workouts.